Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Anxiety




It's a lot like filing the edges 
Off of your nails
After you've cut them
You test for knives
With naked fingertips
So you don't draw blood
While you fight 
In your sleep


Everything
Becomes baby-proof
Calculated safety
Carved to perfection
You un-arm all that you can
Stripping the world
And yourself
Of Weapons


And as the days go by
You forget to wash the rain out of your hair
Waking up every morning
Expecting it to be winter
Only to face the sun
Wrapped in layer
upon layer


Nothing feels safe 
Or true
Not the fumes of the car in front of you
The locks on your windows 
Or the smiles of people you know


Everything feels 
Like it's about to explode
Like it's about to disintegrate
Or leave you crying on the floor



3 comments:

vibhor said...

Hi Naomi,
After searching you everywhere on the internet finally found a place i can directly write to you. (tried facebook too, but i guess my message went into your "other messages". Well anyways, glad i found you here and your lovely blog too.
I just wanted to tell you that every word you wrote in "a brutally raw insight..." spoke to me.. spoke to me like i was talking to myself. i could feel every feeling & thought which would have passed through your mind while writing. and when it ended with "you are free.." i could feel it too. Thank you so soo much. It will always be close to my heart.
-Vibhor gupta (India)

vibhor said...

Hi Naomi,
After searching you everywhere on the internet finally found a place i can directly write to you. (tried facebook too, but i guess my message went into your "other messages". Well anyways, glad i found you here and your lovely blog too.
I just wanted to tell you that every word you wrote in "a brutally raw insight..." spoke to me.. spoke to me like i was talking to myself. i could feel every feeling & thought which would have passed through your mind while writing. and when it ended with "you are free.." i could feel it too. Thank you so soo much. It will always be close to my heart.
-Vibhor gupta (India) vib27@yahoo.com

NAOMI PAIGE HON♥ said...

hello Vibhor,

I'm so happy my words resonated with you. You just made my entire week.

Reach me anytime at naomipaigehon@hotmail.com